Jeep Rubicon is a moniker that is synonymous with a trail rated 4WD. This year Jeep celebrates 70 years of driving the famous and tortuous Rubicon Trail in northern California.
Known as one of the most difficult off-road trails in the world, the Rubicon Trail is the ultimate testbed for Jeep 4×4 vehicle validation, the inspiration for the brand’s most capable model – the legendary Jeep Wrangler and a lifestyle symbol of off-road adventuring.
If you have a Jeep Rubicon, you know you have possibly the most capable manufacturer built 4WD available.
Maybe we should have the same designation for the Canning Stock Route here in Australia.
This world-renowned 4×4 playground spans approximately 22 miles of the toughest off-road terrain on the planet – terrain that Jeep Trail Rated 4×4 vehicles are designed and built to overcome.
This summer, 450 Jeep enthusiasts and their families and friends, driving a total of 125 Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, celebrated the Rubicon Trail’s seven-decade anniversary
Jeep operates more than 40 Jeep Jamborees annually and continues to expand, this year launching two trips to Iceland that took place in August.
For an adventure based 4WD enthusiast like myself the Rubicon Trail remains on the bucket list. Hope your listening Jeep
This is a Motoring Minute
I’m Rob Fraser
TO LISTEN TO THE JEEP RUBICON RADIO REVIEW, CLICK BELOW
More Jeep Rubicon Jamboree details
- Jeep® Brand and Jeep Jamboree celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Rubicon Trail
- New video celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the Rubicon Trail takes enthusiasts along for the ultimate trail ride
- In the 70 years since Jeep 4x4s first started crossing the Rubicon Trail, off-road adventuring has become a lifestyle for passionate Jeep SUV buyers across the globe
- The Rubicon Trail is located in Northern California, near Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. This world-renowned four-wheel drive covers a total distance of approximately 22 miles; Elevations run from approximately 5,400 feet to more than 7,000 feet (approximately 1,646 metres to over 2,134 metres)
- This summer, 450 Jeep enthusiasts and their families and friends, driving a total of 125 Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, celebrated the Rubicon Trail’s seven-decade anniversary
- Jeep Jamboree operates more than 40 Jeep Jamborees annually and continues to expand, this year launching two trips to Iceland that took place in August
Radio Segments Motoring Minute
Motoring Minute is heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network.
Motoring Minute has an average daily audience of over 550,000 listeners. They are also syndicated through various news sites around Australia.
Additionally Motoring Minute is also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program. This can be found weekly on the Community Radio Network across Australia.